Ensure as much of the old sealant as possible has been removed with a sealant remover tool (e.g., UniBond Sealant Remover & Smoother Tool) before using Silicone Sealant Remover. The substrates should be clean and dry.
- Wear suitable work clothes, gloves and eye protection and thoroughly protect all surrounding areas.
- Mechanically remove as much sealant as possible with a sealant remover tool taking care not to damage surrounding areas.
- Ensure that remaining sealant is clean and dry.
- Unscrew cap and squeeze tube gently. As Silicone Sealant Remover is expelled ensure all sealant is covered with at least 5mm of remover.
- Clean all spillages immediately.
- Leave for at least 3 hours, depending on bead size, then gently remove the sealant when it has swollen with the sealant remover tool.
- Wipe the area clean with a dry cloth ensuring all residues are removed.
- Wash all tools immediately after use with water.
- Surfaces to be resealed should be cleaned with methylated spirit before applying fresh sealant.