If you need to fix a crack in a paving stone, walls, floors, or any other type of concrete areas, concrete sealants are your solution. Some problems are merely unsightly, others could be critical and need instant attention. Read on for top tips on finding the best concrete sealant for your job.
Concrete sealants are used to protect or repair concrete surfaces and to seal joints. If you have an area that needs fixing, use a flexible filling material like UniBond 100% Multi-Purpose Adhesive. Whether it’s driveways, garage floors or paving stones, this product handles them all. And concrete is not the only material it works on – try this truly universal product on wood, plastic, metal, and glass as well.
Other products in the UniBond range work just as well on concrete. With UniBond’s No More Nails Original range you can find a versatile product for indoor use that’s perfect for concrete, wood, plaster, and many more surfaces.
Making sure you use concrete sealant in the right way is important for ensuring a professional and long-lasting result. Follow these simple instructions on how to apply concrete sealants to joints, cracks and gaps:
- Wipe the area. Make sure that the area is clean and free from stains and other substances like oil, grease, and wax.
- Put on hand protection. It is important to project your skin since sealants can cause irritation.
- Read the instructions. Remember to look at the manufacturer’s instructions to make sure the product can be applied as desired.
- Adjust the nozzle. The sealant typically comes in a tube. The nozzle will need to be cut at a 45-degree angle to get the desired bead.
- Does the area need coating? Use this step only if the area needs a primer paint – if so, make sure to use the primer and the sealer on the same day.
- Use a steady hand to apply the sealant. This will force the sealer into the exact areas that need fixing. The product’s instructions will usually provide cure times.
- Clear away excess and left-over sealant. It is important to do this quickly to avoid the product setting on the tools. Use mineral spirit in a well-ventilated area.
It is important to check all available sealant products, as each one is intended for different tasks. UniBond offers many types of sealant, so its range of products will always provide the best concrete caulk for your needs.
Plaster and building needs. If you need to repair areas outside of your home, your product will have to withstand the unpredictable British weather. This makes UniBond 100% Multi-Purpose Adhesive absolutely ideal, as it can take even extreme conditions. The product is also suitable to bond brick, plaster and stone.
Flooring and concrete pavement. Given the wide-ranging pressures these materials are subjected to, you are looking for a sealant that is highly durable. Surface areas have to endure movement, so the sealant will need to form flexible bonds while also withstanding joint movement. With UniBond 100% Multi-Purpose Adhesive, you have a shock-resistant product that is unaffected by extreme temperatures as well. Its formula is based on Henkel FlexTec technology, so its durability is guaranteed.
Flexible, expandable, durable: Concrete sealantwill respond accordingly when pressure is applied. The durable flexibility ensures that it will be well protected from movements and external elements.