The ready mixed formulation is suitable for bathrooms and kitchens. With its non slip formula it makes tiling easier.
- Suitable for dry and intermittently wet areas
- For fixing ceramic wall tiles up to 300mm x 300mm on absorbent surfaces
- For interior use
Tips and tricks:
Preparation is key
Plan your tile layout before starting. Work out your base lines and starting points to avoid awkward cuts at edges and around windows.
How many tiles do I need?
When calculating how many tiles you need, work out how many will cover the area to be tiled – and then add 10% for breakages. You can always return the extra tiles if you don’t use them.
For awkward cuts, it’s recommended that you make a template out of card and trace around it. Always remember to wear goggles and gloves when cutting tiles.
Use spacers to ensure regular spacing of tiles. Occasionally check with a spirit level to ensure the tiles remain level.
Clean up act
Ensure you remove the excess residue left over from tile adhesive immediately, whilst it’s wet.
Store in cool dry conditions. Protect from frost and direct sunlight.
Project check list
- Tile Adhesive
- Measure & Spirit Level – To find centre and base lines
- Notched Trowel – For spreading the tile adhesive to the correct depth
- Bucket Trowel – For getting the tile adhesive out of the bucket
- Tile Spacers – To ensure tiles are spaced evenly
- Sponge & Bucket of clean water – To remove excess adhesive from tile face immediately
- Tile Cutter
- Grout Float – For applying the grout to the grout lines
Step by Step
1. Ensure the surface to be tiled is even, sound and dry. Prime if necessary.
2. As a general rule tiling should be set out from the centre of the wall.
3. Using a spirit level draw a horizontal line one tile height above lowest point to be tiled.
4. Draw a vertical centre line avoiding awkward cuts on the edges.
5. Begin tiling at the intersection of these two points.
6. Spread the adhesive evenly using a notched trowel. Always apply the adhesive to the wall and not the tile.
7. Work in manageable areas of about 1m₂ to ensure adhesive doesn’t dry out – Fix tiles within 30 minutes of spreading adhesive.
8. Bed tiles firmly into the adhesive using a twisting action to ensure good contact.
9. Use tile spacers to position the tiles evenly and accurately.
10. Remove any surplus adhesive immediately with damp cloth.
11. Keep grout lines as clean as possible.
12. Allow the adhesive to fully dry before grouting.
*For guidance only, please refer to pack for more concise instructions.