Use the easy to mix powdered floor & wall tile adhesive for delicate surfaces such as natural stone, marble or glass floor tiles; tiling with under floor heating; or tiling a wet room.
- For concrete and wooden floors in bathrooms, kitchens and hallways
- Suitable for fixing most floor and wall tiles
Tips and tricks:
Lay dry tiles on the floor and arrange so that difficult cuts and awkward corners are avoided.
How many tiles do I need?
When calculating how many tiles you need, work out how many will cover the area to be tiled – and then add 10% for breakages. You can always return the extra tiles if you don’t use them.
For awkward cuts, it’s recommended that you make a template out of card and trace around it. Always remember to wear goggles and gloves when cutting tiles.
Use spacers to ensure regular spacing of tiles. Occasionally check with a spirit level to ensure the tiles remain level.
Occasionally lift a tile that has been recently laid to ensure full adhesive contact is being achieved.
Store unopened bags clear of the ground, in cool dry conditions and protected from excessive draft and frost.
Step by Step
1. Cover floor boards with 15mm thick plywood. Screw down existing wooden floors at 300mm centres through the joists.
2. Prime plaster surfaces with UniBond plaster primer.
1. Add about 4 parts powder to 1 part water by weight. If tiling over wooden floors use UniBond Flexi Mix Additive instead of water.
2. Mix thoroughly to produce a smooth, stiff paste. Mix enough adhesive for 30 minutes' application and discard any product not used within this period.
Fixing Tiles on Notched Bed (Floor and wall tiling in dry areas):
1. Spread adhesive using a suitable notched trowel to a depth of 6mm.
2. Apply enough adhesive for 10 minutes fixing.
3. Immediately press the tiles into the adhesive using a twisting action to ensure full contact. Do not fix tiles if a skin has formed on the adhesive.
Fixing Tiles on Solid Bed (Floor and wall tiling in wet areas):
1. Apply a continuous bed of adhesive up to 6mm thick over 1m2 area. Lightly rib the surface using a notched trowel.
2. Bed the tiles firmly into the adhesive using a twisting action to ensure full contact.
3. Tile spacers should be used to ensure regular spacing.
4. Remove surplus adhesive immediately with a damp cloth.
*For guidance only, please refer to pack for more concise instructions.