For guaranteed removal of sealant residue, UniBond Silicone Sealant Remover is a thick gel which breaks down cured sealant for easy removal. It is the ideal way to remove old or unwanted sealant from ceramic tiles, most plastics, glass and painted surfaces.
- Ceramic tiles
- Baths, toilets, sinks & basins
- Most plastics
- Painted surfaces
Tips and Tricks:
Ensure as much of the old sealant as possible has been removed with a remover tool before using the Silicone Remover Gel.
Using a Cartridge & Cartridge Gun
Cut the tip off the cartridge above the screw thread.
Then remove the nozzle cap and trim the nozzle diagonally to the desired joint width.
Screw the nozzle onto the cartridge and inset into the cartridge gun. Apply by pressing the trigger.
- 300ml Cartridge
- 150ml Cartridge
- 80g Tube
Store in a cool dry place. Protect from direct frost and sunlight. Pressurised container.
Step by Step
1. Wear suitable work clothes and thoroughly protect all surrounding areas.
2. Mechanically remove as much sealant as possible. Ensure that remaining sealant is clean and dry.
3. Apply Silicone Sealant Remover Gel ensuring that all sealant is covered with the remover. Clean all spillages immediately.
4. Leave for at least 3 hours, and then gently remove swollen sealant with a plastic scraper.
5. Wipe the area clean with a dry cloth, ensuring all residues are removed.
6. Wash all tools immediately after use with water.
7. Clean surfaces with methylated spirit before applying fresh sealant.