A specially formulated butyl-rubber sealant designed to fill connections and joints in guttering, downpipes and other roofing applications.
- Roof tiles
Tips and Tricks:
To gain a perfect seal, you must first ensure the area being sealed is clean, dry and free of old sealant, grease and dirt. UniBonds Silicone Sealant Remover Gel will aid the removal of old sealant. Furthermore, to make sure that surfaces are as clean as possible, use a cloth damped with white spirit to remove remaining grease and dirt.
Using a Sealant Cartridge & Gun
- Cut the tip off the cartridge above the screw thread.
- Remove the nozzle cap and trim the nozzle at an angle of 45° to the desired joint width.
- Screw the nozzle onto the cartridge and insert the cartridge into the gun. Apply by pulling the trigger.
- 300ml Cartridge (Black)
Store in a cool dry place. Protect from frost and direct sunlight.
Step by Step
1. Surfaces must be dry and clean of dirt, loose materials and old sealant.
2. Prepare the cartridge and apply by pressing the trigger.
3. Smooth within 5 minutes to achieve a perfect finish. For the best results, use the UniBond Sealant Finishing Tool.
4. Remove excess sealant before it dries with white spirit. Protect the sealant from water and damp.
5. Fully dry in 24-36 hours depending on bead size, temperature & humidity.