For general purpose sealing of non-paintable joints in and around the home, UniBond Universal Sealant provides a strong, flexible lasting seal.
- Sinks & baths
- Skirting board/dado rails
Tips and tricks:
To gain a perfect seal, you must first ensure the area being sealed is clean, dry and free of old sealant, grease and dirt. UniBond’s Silicone Sealant Remover gel will aid the removal of old sealant. Furthermore, to make sure that surfaces are as clean as possible, use a cloth damped with white spirit to remove remaining grease and dirt.
Using a Sealant Cartridge & Gun
- Cut the tip off the cartridge above the screw thread.
- Remove the nozzle cap and trim the nozzle at an angle of 45° to the desired joint width .
- Screw the nozzle onto the cartridge and insert the cartridge into the gun. Apply by pulling the trigger.
Starting in a corner, work along the length of the area to be sealed in a smooth continuous movement. Keep the nozzle in contact with both sides of the joint as a guide.
If you’re not confident, practice running a smooth continuous bead of sealant on the inside edge of a cardboard box.
Sealing a Bath
If you’re sealing around a bath, half fill it with water first. Then run the sealant around the edge and leave to dry with the bath still full until the sealant is completely dry.
To maintain a mould free finish, we recommend regular cleaning of the sealant to remove residues of soap and other toiletries which can provide a starting point for mould growth.
- Cartridge 300ml (White and Translucent)
- Tube 150ml (White)
Protect from direct sunlight and frost.
Step by Step
1. Surfaces must be dry and clean of dirt, loose materials and old sealant.
2. Prepare the cartridge and apply by pressing the trigger.
3. Smooth within 5 minutes to achieve a perfect finish. For the best results, use the UniBond Sealant Finishing Tool.
4. Remove excess sealant before it dries with white spirit. Protect the sealant from water and damp.
5. Fully dry in 24-48 hours depending on bead size, temperature & humidity.