Combining the performance benefits of traditional silicone sealants with easy application and finishing, UniBond Easy Smooth sealant offers the complete solution for the DIY user around the home.
- Interior window & door frames
- Tiled areas
- Skirting boards & coving
Tips and Tricks:
To gain a perfect seal, you must first ensure the area being sealed is clean, dry and free of old sealant, grease and dirt. UniBonds Silicone Sealant Remover Gel will aid the removal of old sealant. Furthermore, to make sure that surfaces are as clean as possible, use a cloth damped with white spirit to remove remaining grease and dirt.
Using a Sealant Cartridge & Gun
- Cut the tip off the cartridge above the screw thread.
- Remove the nozzle cap and trim the nozzle at an angle of 45° to the desired joint width.
- Screw the nozzle onto the cartridge and insert the cartridge into the gun. Apply by pulling the trigger.
Using the ready To Use Applicator
- Remove the safety tab and slide the red switch fully to the ‘MAX’ position. This releases the trigger so the sealant will flow smoothly.
- Remove nozzle cap and rotate the nozzle to the preferred position. Pull the trigger to dispense.
Starting in a corner, work along the length of the area to be sealed in a smooth continuous movement. Keep the nozzle in contact with both sides of the joint as a guide.
If you’re not confident, practice running a smooth continuous bead of sealant on the inside edge of a cardboard box.
Sealing a Bath
If you’re sealing around a bath, half fill it with water first. Then run the sealant around the edge and leave to dry with the bath still full until the sealant is completely dry.
To maintain a mould free finish, we recommend regular cleaning of the sealant to remove residues of soap and other toiletries which can provide a starting point for mould growth.
- Cartridge 300ml (white, black, grey beige)
- Ready To Use Applicator 200ml (white)
Protect from direct sunlight and frost. Pressurized container. Do not pierce or burn after use. Do not expose to temperatures exceeding 50°C.
Step by Step
1. Surfaces must be dry and clean of dirt, loose materials and old sealant.
2. Prepare the cartridge or Ready To Use Applicator and apply by pressing the trigger.
3. Smooth within 5 minutes to achieve a perfect finish. For the best results, use the UniBond Sealant Finishing Tool.
4. Remove excess sealant before it dries with white spirit. Protect the sealant from water and damp.
5. Fully dry in 24-48 hours depending on bead size, temperature & humidity.